How Virtual Reality Will Influence The Future of Golf, The ModGolf Podcast with Dogu Taskiran
Our CEO Dogu Taskiran had an awesome conversation with Colin Weston for an episode of The ModGolf Podcast for a fascinating conversation that tapped into his expertise in military simulator design, sport-themed video games and immersive virtual reality environments.
They explored how the world of Virtual Reality, Mixed Reality and Augmented Reality will impact and influence the future of golf entertainment experiences, audience engagement and game performance improvement.
Dogu’s professional design experience across multiple industries allows him to reference validators outside golf to see the trends and patterns that are emerging to influence the future of the game.
Here are some of the favourite quotes and insights from this episode:
- “From a venue perspective, a location-based entertainment standpoint, I think golf experiences are moving in a direction that falls in the lines of the movie Ready Player One. There will be worlds over worlds, overlaid on top of the real world that we are experiencing and enhancing and golf is no exception”.
- “Virtual Reality in its core is not just about simulation, but to gather data to improve the overall experience as all of your body movements are being tracked”.
- “Edgar Dale’s Cone of Learning quantifies the percentage of what we remember after two weeks based on how we experience the information. Virtual Reality creates the learning conditions that allow you retain 90% of the your experience because you are actively participating rather than passively observing”.
- “Virtual Reality can trigger people’s imagination and trigger intense emotions, creating a bond between the experience and yourself”.
- “Volumetric Movies will be in our future, where you can engage in a first person experience and become a character within a movie, creating a real sense of empathy for the character by literally putting yourself in their shoes. Rather than watching Neo in The Matrix, you become Neo in The Matrix”.
- We also discuss the impact the burgeoning eSports industry will have on all traditional sports, including golf. Dogu shares how live streaming video platforms such as Twitch and global eSport tournaments staged by Red Bull Battle Grounds are attracting millions of concurrent users.
Don’t miss this podcast if you are into (e)sports, tech, VR, AR.